Monday, September 28, 2009

Only to say that I am still here...
I am playing around with an application using the Windows Media Player ActiveX Control to show some media. My question is... why is this beast resisting in resising correctly and why can't I change its resizetofit property ?
I have been googlin' all the web around with no effords... so... if someone just landed to this blog post expecting a solution boyz this is the wrong place ;-(
After some desperation y tried to set this setting on the program itself (I mean de normal player) and it does not work either.. so.. lets face it... resizetofit it just there to make developers frustate.

3 comments:

william said...

Glad to see you are still there :) No experience with wmplayer but my import of that ActiveX (WMP 11 on Vista) control does not show a resizeToFit property... just a stretchToFit property and it works as expected (I only tested a sample avi video).

Albert Research said...

;-)... You are right... actually it is the StretchToFit property I was talking about... if you look at my post time (3.05 am in the morning) you will understand why I misspelled this...

The problem is that the WMP control behaces badly on my delphi... and this property does not work... as I said on my post even at the player setting this property it does not work....

Also it "paints" awfull on a delphi form... try to set the width of the component to diferent values and you will notice that suddenly the control "dissaperars". But that is not so bad... what really annoys me is that with the stretchToFit and the impossibility to change the default background.

But that's what we have... I tryed to seek for other alternatives for playing media and this is the only one "freeware" (as it is installed on windows) ;-)

I am happy you have still my blog linked... ;-)

william said...

Have you ever tried dspack? No experience with it and I think it makes use of DirectShow to play video.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dspack/