Thursday, April 28, 2005

Coding with D7... do not disturb #;-)

Helloooo... my dear blog-readers... what's up ?... Now coding is good. Why ? Quite easy to explain... this last time I am a very busy and a happy D7 coder.
Since my IDE "Rollback" (and the purchase of a new keyboard :-) ) my fingers fly over the keyboard and the IDE is receiving and processing the input as it should... no hangs, speed... well in a word... productivity...
Well... in the air is something about UPD3 for D2005 but I am quite pessimistic about the fixes it could maybe do, so I rather thing we all of us have to wait until D10. (Please Borland do not release a D2006, do a "back to the roots", leave the dark side :-) and come back to us, the developers).
I have been reading at Borland newsgroups many posts from people with bug reports, QC is floaded with D2005 bug entries... Believe me... I LOVE DELPHI, but this D2005 is the greatest nonsense of all Delphi releases I have ever seen... Buggy, slow, unstable, unpredictable. Please don't tell me that it is solid as a rock since UPD2, many developers, me included, are having only problems with this IDE, I could be a clumsy and useless developer but what about all other hundreds of developers that complain about the problems they are having ?
Well that was it for today... I needed to say this...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gald to hear you are happy coding with Delphi again :) In fact Delphi 7 works excellent for me most of the time....

But... Internal sys error during compilation forcing me to quit and reopen Delphi... always need to build project and run instead of compile and run since the latter could result in hanging Delphi sometimes :( Any clue?

Albert Research said...

Well... I need more input... you may send me a email with a screen shot... my D7 IDE is really rock solid... rarelly I have to reopen it... are you developing a project with packages ?

Anonymous said...

Yes.. project with lot of packages :P Inheritance (including form inheritance) in between packages... This could be the original of all the trouble...

Albert Research said...

Buff #;.)
Developing with Packages in D7 is a pain in the a.. #:-).. I did tryed once and decided not do do it... and as you say you have to do those "tricks" to get all this to work, that does annoy me a lot... but if there is no other way.. you have then live with it...

Esteban Pacheco said...

Albert, can you send me an email to epachsoft@yahoo.com.

I need to ask you a technical question.

The fastest you can do it, the best.

Thanks in advance

Albert Research said...

done... :-)